Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day, America!


I saw this little Uncle Sam vase project when I was searching for 4th of July decorations.  I thought he was so cute and pretty easy to make.  All you need is a terracotta pot, saucer, wooden stars, and an empty can.  I tried to copy the face as closely as possible but I'm no artist.  Nonetheless, I like him.  I have some roses from my garden in it right now but you could easily stuff the top with plastic cutlery for a party.

I love all holidays and the fourth is no exception.  We're really looking forward to some grilled ribs, burgers, potato salad, desserts and of course, fireworks!  But first, I wanted to share some highlights from our camping trip to Lake Arrowhead.  It was Allie and Ethan's very first time and we had a great time.  It was so beautiful!!  This was our spot.  The views were amazing!!!



We stopped by the village to feed the ducks.


We went on hikes.


We even went out on the lake.  The paddle boats were a lot of fun, just tiring!



And there you have it, our family's camping trip.  Now I really want to watch the movie The Great Outdoors with Dan Aykroyd and John Candy.  Lucky for us, we never saw any bears.  I can't wait to go back next year.

So here's to a relaxing, safe, and fun-filled 4th of July.  Happy Independence Day, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment