Friday, June 1, 2012

Show Us Your Life-Living Rooms


I'm joining up with Kelly for her Show Us Your Life series.  This week is all about living rooms.  I'm really excited about it because I'd love to get some fresh ideas.  Our living room really hasn't changed much since we moved in and painted.  Sometimes I'll change out the pictures in the frames but not much else unless it's Fall or Christmas time.  Okay, so here's the tour.


As you walk through the front door, we have a really long foyer.  I'd like to add some plants (but I kill them) and I just haven't found the right silk plants yet so I'm still on the lookout.


Admittedly, my photos are pretty bad.  The true colors of the room are very deep and warm and it just didn't translate.  This is probably my favorite room in the house.  We have a lot of trees in the front so even in the summer, it stays pretty cool in here.  I know the trend seems to favor lighter colors but I still love that Tuscan look and palette.

We have a very open floor plan so I'm including the dining room section as well.  I love this set!  The chairs are heavy but super comfortable.  We eat our Sunday dinners in here each week.  It's our little way of making Sunday more special and set apart.

Well, that's it.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the other living rooms, especially the coffee tables.  I'd love to do something different in here.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't help you out with coffee tables. With two young kids our (hand me down) tables are empty all the time. Unless they have toys on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say having had been in your house these pictures do not do it justice. You have such a beautiful, warm, and inviting home.

    ReplyDelete