Monday, February 3, 2014

Kitchen Update

I have been trying to post this update for a while but my camera has been on the fritz.  We finished painting the cabinets in October and I lightly distressed them.  Now I'm ready to glaze them. Any suggestions?


We started off with a standard builder grade island and then adding a few pieces of trim molding and corbels.  What a difference it has made!  The island is more of a focal point of the room.



I really want to glaze them now that the paint has cured.  However, I'm not sure how to do it.  In the photos, the cabinets look white but they're actually a pretty cream.  (I took these photos with my iPad and the colors look off.). I love the look of chocolate glazed cream cabinets.  I've been pinning away different ideas.  However, I don't want them to come out too dark or muddy looking.  Does that mean I need a lighter glaze.  The cabinets are painted a custom color with a lot of gold in it to keep in warm looking.  Maybe I should look into a honey glaze instead?  Since I'm still a bit unsure about the shade of the glaze, I have't done anything to them yet.

      
       
Here is a shot of our kitchen table.  I'm lovin' my new green goblets from the Dollar Tree.  The aqua and green look so fresh for the new year.  Even though winter has just begun, I'm ready for spring.

Linking up to The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could offer some "glazing" advice, but I've never done that before. I think it looks really nice, so I'm sure you will come up with the right answer. I guess what I'd do is paint up a few small pieces of wood in your cabinet color and try different glazes to see which works the best. A bit more work, but maybe better than doing the entire island and then not being happy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete