Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Fall Porch

Happy Fall Y'all!  We have been so busy with homeschooling, soccer, and just life in general, that time seems to be flying by.  I can't believe Halloween is this Thursday!  I can't wait to make cookies with the kids and eat s'mores by the fire pit.  Of course, we are still waiting for the weather to change.  Our high today was 85 degrees!  I can't wait to break out the scarves and boots.  So until then, I can at least decorate for fall.  Here is a picture of our porch this year.


I wish I could come up with a way to hide all of the cords.  


We got the cutest pumpkins this year at the pumpkin patch.  I love the Cinderella pumpkins!  Looking at them just makes me happy.


This summer, we installed a brand new door.  I love the glass and how much light it allows into our foyer.  Although is doesn't look it in the picture, the garland is actually pretty thick.  I doubled it from last year and added sunflowers and sparkly fall leaves.  Since it can get really windy here in a moment's notice, I secured each one carefully with wire.


I picked up a new doormat at Target.  The other one just didn't look right with the new door.


What would I do without Pinterest?  I had pinned a clever idea this past summer that I wanted to try out for the holidays.  The "tree" is made out of a tomato cage that is wrapped in Christmas garland.  I added lights, a fall leaf garland, some deco mesh, and picks to fill in any holes.  I LOVE a project that turns out right and the best part was I didn't have to buy a thing.  I even had an old tomato cage from last summer.


Thanks for stopping by; there is more to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your porch looks fantastic, and the new door is gorgeous! Really, you can hardly see the cords -- don't mention them and no one will notice.....shhhh!

    ReplyDelete