Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It really is the most wonderful time of the year.  I officially started putting up Christmas decorations in my room the day after Halloween.  Early, I know, but I want to enjoy it for as long as I can.  I love the way the house looks at Christmas.  Our community had a yard sale a few weeks ago and my husband found this tree for next to nothing.  I've been wanting one for our room for a while but the budget never seemed to allow for it.  Granted, it was a bit sparse, but nothing some deco mesh and ornaments couldn't take care of.  Come see how it went from this to...
to this.

I used all the odds and ends that I already had.  During our camping trip this summer, the kids collected these huge pine cones.  Although you can't make it out in the picture, I glittered them and they filled in the gaps nicely.  Also, I had some sheet music which I turned into these snowflakes.


You can get step by step instructions here.  I simply scaled down the size so it would look more like an ornament.  It really didn't take much time at all and I had all of the supplies.  I love free projects!

Here's our room all decorated.

And here's the fireplace.

 The garland over the fireplace is actually three different garlands that I put together.  I really like the crystal branch garland because it really reflects the light.


 I like so many different styles of Christmas that each room in the house has a different theme.  In our room, I'm using creams and browns.  It's very neutral but elegant.  However, across the hall in the loft, I'm using lime green and red.  We use the space as a kids playroom so the colors are bright and whimsical.

Downstairs, everything is still decked out for fall.  We're hosting dinner so I still have a few final touches to make.  Have a great week!

Linking up this week to:

5 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant and love your room! Great Job on your tree. ~Maggie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your idea about decorating every room in the house. I thought I was the only one and I like different styles as well. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorations! I can't wait to put ours up on Friday!! I can hardly wait to bring out my Christmas music and get the house ready! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are gorgeous! Love what you did with the tree in your bedroom! Just beautiful! Merry Christmas!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete