Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Simple Table

I'm not sure why, but for me, decorating in January is the hardest to do.  I love the warm colors of the holidays and it always looks a bit bare afterwards.  So, I decided to change up my cabinet in the family/kitchen area.  I usually but out extra dishes but I decided to decorate with some Tuscan pottery and pictures of the family.
 I lightened up the table too; a simple runner with a woven vase and flowers.  It will be a lot easier at dinnertime.
 I was trying to work with what I already had on hand without buying anything new.
We have so much going on right now.  We are in the process of getting granite for the kitchen.  I never realized how many decisions were involved...sinks, facets, dishwashers.  Also, I'm planning for Ethan's birthday party and making the centerpieces for my mother-in-laws Relay For Life Event.  Busy, but very grateful and happy to do it.  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks just lovely, Dani! I like to bring back plenty of color to my home after Christmas, and keep them around until early Spring. That's when I tone things down and lighten things up. Even then, I still have a lot of color going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! You may need to come decorate my house! haha Your house looks so perfectly put together! Totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani! I LOVE the name of your blog and the connection there. Your home is gorgeous. I'm especially lovin' the turquoise. What a delight to meet you and I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete